Quotes

"Fascism and communism both promise "social welfare," "social justice," and "fairness" to justify authoritarian means and extensive arbitrary and discretionary governmental powers." - F. A. Hayek"

"Life is a Bungling process and in no way educational." in James M. Cain

Jean Giraudoux who first said, “Only the mediocre are always at their best.”

If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law. Sir Winston Churchill

"summum ius summa iniuria" ("More laws, more injustice.") Cicero

As Christopher Hitchens once put it, “The essence of tyranny is not iron law; it is capricious law.”

"Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan

"Law is where you buy it." Raymond Chandler

"Why did God make so many damn fools and Democrats?" Clarence Day

"If I feel like feeding squirrels to the nuts, this is the place for it." - Cluny Brown

"Oh, pshaw! When yu' can't have what you choose, yu' just choose what you have." Owen Wister "The Virginian"

Oscar Wilde said about the death scene in Little Nell, you would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

Thomas More's definition of government as "a conspiracy of rich men procuring their own commodities under the name and title of a commonwealth.” ~ Winston S. Churchill, A History of the English Speaking Peoples

“Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through.” ~ Jonathon Swift

Monday, September 12, 2016

They Keep Telling US They Want US To Die

Why won't we believe them? m/r

Fifteen Years After 9/11: Living in a 9/10 World



A 9/11 survivor-turned-terrorism-analyst reflects on America’s slumber.


  I lived in the closest residence to the World Trade Center (Gateway Plaza), which was immediately deemed a crime scene after the terrorist attack. An entire wall was blown off my workplace high-rise building.  I ran for my life, jumped onto a Coast Guard rescue ferry and made my way to the home of strangers in New Jersey, who were kind enough to take me in.  I was homeless for two months. My office was closed and displaced for eight months. It took years to recover from the trauma of 9/11, and yet, I was one of the more fortunate ones: I survived.
Fifteen years later, I reflect on my career and the state of our nation.  I relinquished my career as an attorney, choosing instead to devote my life to our nation’s security and raising awareness of the jihadi threat in all its forms.  I developed an expertise in the Islamist stifling of speech known as blasphemy laws or “defamation of religions” and its implications for national security, religious freedom and human rights.  I now teach, speak and write on these subjects.
I am saddened to report that in many respects, we are not safer this September, 2016, than we were on September 10, 2001.  To the contrary, we are moving in the wrong direction.  The Enemy Threat Doctrine mandates that in order to win a war, we must know our enemy and know ourselves.  I fear we don’t know either. We have relinquished our Judeo-Christian values in favor of multi-culturalism, eschewed the notion of American exceptionalism, and embraced Islam as an innocuous religion, willfully ignoring its pernicious political aspects.
The War on Terror is not primarily kinetic in nature. It is an ideological war. The other side is successfully waging disinformation campaigns and influence operations to persuade us to unwittingly assist them in sabotaging the West from within. We are facing the existential threat of Sharia in all its forms, both violent and stealth.

-go to links-



No comments:

Post a Comment