Quotes

"Fascism and communism both promise "social welfare," "social justice," and "fairness" to justify authoritarian means and extensive arbitrary and discretionary governmental powers." - F. A. Hayek"

"Life is a Bungling process and in no way educational." in James M. Cain

Jean Giraudoux who first said, “Only the mediocre are always at their best.”

If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law. Sir Winston Churchill

"summum ius summa iniuria" ("More laws, more injustice.") Cicero

As Christopher Hitchens once put it, “The essence of tyranny is not iron law; it is capricious law.”

"Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan

"Law is where you buy it." Raymond Chandler

"Why did God make so many damn fools and Democrats?" Clarence Day

"If I feel like feeding squirrels to the nuts, this is the place for it." - Cluny Brown

"Oh, pshaw! When yu' can't have what you choose, yu' just choose what you have." Owen Wister "The Virginian"

Oscar Wilde said about the death scene in Little Nell, you would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

Thomas More's definition of government as "a conspiracy of rich men procuring their own commodities under the name and title of a commonwealth.” ~ Winston S. Churchill, A History of the English Speaking Peoples

“Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through.” ~ Jonathon Swift

Saturday, June 14, 2014

This Bitch of Benghazi is her own worst enemy … And OURS!

How can people trust this liar? m/r

Only Hillary Can Stop Hillary | FrontPage Magazine

by Daniel Greenfield On June 12, 2014 -full short post-

Time Mag asked, “Can anyone stop Hillary.”

The answer appears to be Hillary. The launch of her book was supposed to be an easy way to introduce her to the public. Instead it turned into a gaffe parade.

Sure Hillary probably wasn’t expecting any questions harder than, “Aren’t you a great role model for girls”, but some of it was self-inflicted.

Hillary’s “left the White House broke” comment was stupid and tone deaf. And the questions she’s been asked are not all that hard. After all this prep work, and after going through a bitter and contentious election, she should have been readier to explain her views on gay marriage or Benghazi.



Hillary isn’t getting the same level of softball treatment as Obama. But too many liberals are a little too uncomfortable with her and after 2007-2008, she should have been ready for that.

Instead she’s unable to adapt, inflexible and reliant on talking points. And so what should been Phase 2 of her rollout has instead become a gaffefest.

Obama may have a thin skin, but he’s reasonably good at keeping it together in interviews. Bill Clinton would have done his best dime store JFK meaningful speech, that Hillary tries and fails to pull off. Because Hillary isn’t good with people.

GROSS: “So that’s one for you changed your mind?”

CLINTON: You know I really, I have to say, I think you being very persistent, but you are playing with my words and playing with what is such an important issue.”

GROSS: “I’m just trying to clarify so I can understand -”

CLINTON: “No, I don’t think you are trying to clarify. I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reasons. And that’s just flat wrong. So let me just state what I feel like I think you are implying and repudiate it. I have a strong record. I have a great commitment to this issue and I am proud of what I’ve done and the progress were making.”

GROSS: “You know I’m just saying, I’m sorry – I just want to clarify what I was saying – no, I was saying that you maybe really believed this all along, but, you know believed in gay marriage all along, but felt for political reasons America wasn’t ready yet and you couldn’t say it. That’s what I was thinking.”

CLINTON: “No. That is not true.”
This is the type of performance you expect from Joe Biden. Hillary is obviously right about Gross’ agenda, but saying it out loud is stupid. A Republican putting Gross down might score points, but Hillary needs to win over the NPR audience and attacking Gross isn’t the way to do it.

It’s just another reminder that despite her numerous advantages, Hillary is not the campaigner or the political personality her husband is.

No comments:

Post a Comment