Quotes

"Fascism and communism both promise "social welfare," "social justice," and "fairness" to justify authoritarian means and extensive arbitrary and discretionary governmental powers." - F. A. Hayek"

"Life is a Bungling process and in no way educational." in James M. Cain

Jean Giraudoux who first said, “Only the mediocre are always at their best.”

If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law. Sir Winston Churchill

"summum ius summa iniuria" ("More laws, more injustice.") Cicero

As Christopher Hitchens once put it, “The essence of tyranny is not iron law; it is capricious law.”

"Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan

"Law is where you buy it." Raymond Chandler

"Why did God make so many damn fools and Democrats?" Clarence Day

"If I feel like feeding squirrels to the nuts, this is the place for it." - Cluny Brown

"Oh, pshaw! When yu' can't have what you choose, yu' just choose what you have." Owen Wister "The Virginian"

Oscar Wilde said about the death scene in Little Nell, you would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

Thomas More's definition of government as "a conspiracy of rich men procuring their own commodities under the name and title of a commonwealth.” ~ Winston S. Churchill, A History of the English Speaking Peoples

“Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through.” ~ Jonathon Swift

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It is good to see that some people have principles! Some members of '72 Dolphins refuse White House invite

Unlike most politicians, sport figures and especially sports writers (like the one who wrote the following article), these three at least stand for something much higher than this president. m/r

Eye On Football - CBSSports.com Some members of '72 Dolphins refuse White House invite

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

Good news: On Tuesday, the White House will honor the 1972 Dolphins, the NFL's last undefeated team, because, really, that group doesn't get enough attention.
[BETTER!] Bad news: At least three members of the '72 squad won't attend the ceremony in the nation's capital because they oppose the views of President Barack Obama.
"We've got some real moral compass issues in Washington," Hall of Fame center Jim Langer told the Sun-Sentinel's David Hyde. "I don't want to be in a room with those people and pretend I'm having a good time. I can't do that. If that [angers] people, so be it."
"I'll just say my views are diametrically opposed to the President's," Manny Fernandez said. "Enough said. Let's leave it at that. I hope everyone enjoys the trip who goes."
And former offensive lineman Bob Kuechenberg added: "I want to be careful, because mom said if you have nothing good to say about someone, then don't say anything," he told the newspaper. "I don't have anything good to say about someone. … I just don't believe in this administration at all. So I don't belong. Anyone on the left or the right has to respect one man's opinion. …
"I don't belong there, I'll tell you that," Kuechenberg continued. "Without being critical, I can just tell you I don't belong. It would be hypocritical of me to be there. I don't want to do that. I just don't believe in this administration at all. So I don't belong. Anyone on the left or the right has to respect one man's opinion."
-go to link-

No comments:

Post a Comment